Egon Pelikan, PhD
In the framework of his research work he deals mostly with the modernization period, namely the period of Slovenian history in the international context and the history of political ideologies, especially from the end of 19th century until the end of World War II.
Since 2004 Egon Pelikan is the head of the Institute for Historical Studies at the Science and Research Centre and member of the Science board.
He is a member of the editorial committee of the scientific journals Acta Histriae and Qualestoria and a member of the research foundation Alexander von Humboldt.
Grants and awards:
- grant of the research foundation Alexander von Humboldt in 2004 (one-year research and pedagogical work at the Department of History at the University of Essen),
- award “Glasnik znanosti” received in 2003 by the Science and Research Centre Koper, University of Primorska,
- University of Primorska award for scientific and pedagogical prominence in the year 2009,
- three months visiting research fellowsip of Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung at the Sächsische Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Leipzig in 2011,
- Science and Research Centre Koper award “Glasnik znanosti” for particular top-level scientific achievements in 2017,
- Zois award for particular top-level scientific achievements in 2017.
- political history,
- 19th and 20th centuries,
- history of Slovenes,
- history of Europe,
- national emancipation,
- political Catholicism,
- studies of authoritarian and totalitarian regimes,
- Slovenes under fascism,
- Slovenes in the interwar period,
- history of Primorska in the 19th and 20th centuries.