Carlo Reggiani, PhD
- Skeletal muscle fibre plasticity in ageing, inactivity and exercise
- Structure-function relation of myosin and myosin isoforms, myosin isoform expression, intracellular signals and gene expression regulation
- Medical degree at the Medical School of the University of Pavia (1972)
- Specialization in Cardiology at the University of Pavia (1977)
- Research training at the Institute of Human Physiology-University of Pavia (1974-1978)
- Visiting scientist at the Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund (Sweden), in the laboratory of Professor Paul Edman (1980-1984)
Prof. Carlo Reggiani is currently Emeritus Professor of Physiology at the Department of Biomedical Sciences, Medical School, University of Padua, Italy. He is collaborating with a Laboratory of Muscle Biophysics at the Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova with main research topics: structure-function relation of myosin, paralogous and orthologous myosin isoforms, intracellular signals and gene expression regulation in skeletal muscles, intracellular calcium as a signal in skeletal muscle. He is also a Principal Research Fellow at The Institute for Kinesiology Research (IKARUS) ZRS.
He is author of more than 200 original articles indexed in PubMed (more than 90 of them in the period 2009-2019, 10 invited reviews), with a total of well over 9.000 citations and h index 48 (Scopus) or almost 16.000 citations and h index 57 (Google Scholar).
For his work he received the Award Feltrinelli – Accademia Italiana dei Lincei , 2014.