Lenart Škof, PhD
Principal Research Associate
Head of Institute
Phone: +386 5 663 77 00
- Philosophical Theology
- Social and Political Ethics
- Indian Philosophy
- American Pragmatism
- Feminist Philosophy and Theology
Biography:Lenart Škof holds B.A. in Philosophy (1995, Faculty of Arts, Univ. of Ljubljana), M.A. in Theology (1998), and Ph.D in Religious Studies (2001) from Faculty of Theology, Univ. of Ljubljana.
Lenart Škof is head of the Institute for Philosophical Studies at ZRS Koper, Acting Head of Mediterranean Institute for Environmental Studies (MIOS) and member of the ZRS Koper Scientific Council. He is Visiting Professor of Religion at Faculty of Theology and Faculty of Social Sciences, both at Univ. of Ljubljana. He is also Visiting Professor of Religion at Nan Tien Institute, (Wollongong, Australia). Lenart Škof is also employed as Professor of Humanities at Alma Mater Europaea ECM and ISH.
Lenart Škof is a member of class VII »World Religions« at European Academy of Sciences and Arts, Salzburg (EASA).
In the period from 2013 to 2018 he published 13 original articles, 11 chapters in monographs and 5 scientific monographs.
For his work Lenart Škof received several awards and grants:
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Distinguished Visitors Programme, India (University of Delhi and Jadavpur University) (2016);
- »Herald of Science« (»Glasnik znanosti«; award for exceptional scientific achievements of established researchers), Science and Research Center of Koper, University of Primorska, Slovenia (2013);
- Humboldt Grant for Experienced Researchers (7 months), Germany (Universität Erfurt, Max-Weber-Kolleg; hosts: prof. dr. Hans Joas and prof. dr. Thomas Schmidt) (2010–2012);
- Fulbright Research Grant (8 months), USA (Stanford University; academic supervisor: prof. dr. Richard Rorty) (2005–2006);
- »Svečana listina Univerze na Primorskem« (University’s junior scholar award), University of Primorska, Slovenia (2005);
- KAAD Research Grant (6 months), Germany (Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen; supervisor: prof. dr. dr. Michael Eckert) (1999–2000);
- »Tomaževa nagrada« (Faculty’s award for an outstanding M.A. thesis), Theological Faculty, University of Ljubljana (1998).
He was invited to give lectures at several international scientific conferences and universities:
- “On Ontology of Love: Reading Schelling’s Clara”, Deakin Philosophy Seminar Series, Deakin University, Australia (November 2018);
- 23rd International Summer University, Invited Speaker at “Interreligious Dialogue” round table, Institute of Advanced Studies Koszeg, Hungary (July 2018);
- “Democracy as a Human Value: On the Ideal of Ethical Citizenship”, Australian Catholic University (ACU), ACU Leadership Centre Brisbane and ACU Melbourne Campus, Australia (June 2017);
- “The Philosophy of Breath in the Vedas, Schelling and Heidegger”, University of Delhi (Dept. of Sanskrit) and Jadavpur University (Dept, of Philosophy), New Delhi and Kolkata, India (March 2016);
- “Über die Möglichkeit des Windes bei Heidegger: auf dem Weg zu einem künftigen Zeitalter des Atems”, Institut für Philosophie der Universität Wien, Vienna, Austria (November 2015);
- “On Sacred Genealogies in Antigone, Mary and Sāvitrī: cosmology, ethics, and peace”, Linköpings Universitet (Tema Genus – Higher Seminar Lecture), Linköping, Sweden (October 2015);
- “Towards Ethics of Breath”, Universität Erfurt, Philosophische Fakultät, Seminar für Philosophie, Erfurt, Germany (November 2010);
- “Mild Gestures and the Spirit of Democracy”, Universität Erfurt, Max-Weber-Kolleg, Erfurt, Germany (November 2010);
- “Filozofija, vzgoja in medkulturnost” [Philosophy, Education and Interculturality], Akademia techniczno-humanistyczna w Bielsku-białej, Wydział Humanistyczno- Społeczny, Katedra Studiów Środkowoeuropejskich, Bielsko-biała, Poland (December 2005);
- “Interculturality, Solidarity and Political Ethics”, Univerzita Palackého v Olomoci, Filosofická fakulta, Katedre filosofie, Olomouc, Czech Republic (November 2005);
- “Uvod u komparativno filozofsko mišljenje: metode i komparacije” [An Introduction to Comparative Philosophical Thought: Methods and Comparisons], Univerzitet u Sarajevu, Filozofski fakultet, Odsjek za filozofiju i sociologiju, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (May 2004).