The Centre for Project Management (CPM)
The Centre for Project Management (CPM) is an integral unit that collaborates with various organizational departments within ZRS Koper and project teams during different project phases, including project proposal preparation and the implementation of international projects. Its primary focus is on the development of international project activities for ZRS Koper. Established in 2010, its main objectives were to successfully apply for international calls and enhance project implementation efficacy. CPM oversees a range of project-related tasks, including finance, project controlling, legal aspects, and project management.
Key Activities of CPM:
- Identifying and Supporting Project Ideas: CPM closely collaborates with research institutes to identify and support potential project ideas. By monitoring international and national EU programs, CPM stays up-to-date with the latest information, enabling the unit to craft high-quality project proposals through well-informed decision-making.
- Developing Project Logic and Structures: CPM provides valuable support in developing the logic and structures of projects, creating a strong foundation for successful implementation. This involves outlining project goals, activities, and expected outcomes, ensuring a well-structured plan.
- Project Management: CPM’s primary responsibility lies in project management. Throughout the project’s lifecycle, CPM offers continuous support and advice, ensuring smooth implementation. This includes overseeing project progress, managing processes effectively, and meeting all administrative requirements, thus enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of project teams.
- Ensuring Quality Execution: CPM plays a vital role in ensuring the quality execution of projects. By applying rigorous process management and adhering to best practices, CPM maintains the highest standards during project implementation, contributing to the successful achievement of project objectives.
- Managing Project Documentation: CPM takes charge of managing project documentation, ensuring all relevant information is organized and easily accessible. This includes crucial data required for effective decision-making throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Utilizing Acquired Knowledge: In the final phase of projects, CPM proactively utilizes the knowledge gained during the implementation process. Drawing on insights and experiences from past projects, CPM incorporates best practices, continually enhancing its expertise.
Through engaging in these key activities, the Centre for Project Management (CPM) significantly contributes to the overall success of projects and supports ZRS Koper in achieving its international project goals effectively.
Mission and Vision:
The mission of CPM is to provide specialized professional assistance and services in finance/controlling, legal support, and project management to project teams. The goal is to enhance the effectiveness and success rate of applications and the implementation of international projects for ZRS Koper.
The vision of CPM is to become a catalyst for the quality development of international project activities at ZRS Koper.
Head of CPM: Ana Šajn
Contact Information: Email: email@example.com, Phone: +386 5 663 77 37