International Conference “SOCIETIES AND SPACES IN CONTACT: BETWEEN CONVERGENCE AND DIVERGENCE”
is pleased to invite you to the:
International Conference on
SOCIETIES AND SPACES IN CONTACT:
BETWEEN CONVERGENCE AND DIVERGENCE
Hotel Histrion, Portorož-Portorose (Slovenia)
on 16–20 September 2019
The Conference is focused on the analysis of the various (geo)political, cultural, social, linguistic and economic aspects related to divergence and convergence processes in contact areas, and (re)integration perspectives and policies in multicultural and border regions.
Papers should consider the following main Conference Themes:
- European national and regional minorities: from territorialities of exclusion to territorialities of inclusion
- Policies for cultural diversity and social integration within a multilevel decisional context
- Migrants and “new minorities”: factor of conflict or development potential?
- Spatial and social transformations in contact areas: towards an integrated approach
- Cross-border cooperation and planning: past experiences and future trends
- The perception of the “other”: mental maps and narratives
- Cultural diversity, multiculturalism and education: language policies and societal building.
|April 30, 2019||Deadline for abstract submission|
|May 31, 2019||Notification of acceptance to authors|
|August 1, 2019||Registration closes|
|September 16, 2019||Beginning of the Conference|
|September 20, 2019||Conclusion of the Conference|
For any further information please visit the conference website (http://spacesincontact2019.splet.arnes.si/) or contact the Conference Secretary, Mr. Kristjan Nemac, via E-mail: email@example.com
With best regards